CARFAC Maritimes is the VOICE for Professional Artists.
CARFAC MARITIMES MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS AND SERVICES
“The Pride of belonging”
- 15% discount at AssurArt Insurance “THE ART OF INSURING” : COVERAGE FOR ARTWORKS, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, MATERIALS, FOR COMMISSIONED ART AND PUBLIC ART AS WELL AS GENERAL LIABILITY
- 15% discount on Guild (PEI) theatre productions(some exceptions apply)
- 15% discount at Altron Fine Art and Reproduction Specialists, Moncton, NB
- 25% discount (average) from DeSerres, with the Zone card, including framing (in store and online) – please contact for details
- Certificates of Canadian Originfor shipping art abroad at a discounted rate (this avoids paying import tax on art returning from shows outside Canada)
- Free Legal Resources for Artists (limited)
- Free Taxation information
Show your CARFAC Maritimes membership card and get free admission at:
- The National Gallery of Canada
- The Beaverbrook Art Gallery (Fredericton)
- The Art Gallery of Nova Scotia (Halifax and Yarmouth) and
- The Rooms, NL
- Free professional development workshops and presentations on copyright, best practices, etc.
- Free Membership in CARFAC National
- Free Membership in Copyright – Visual Arts
- Advocacy and personalized advisory consultations with CARFAC staff
- Free access to CARFAC Advisory Notes on HST, art dealers, studio safety, etc.
- Free access to Best Practices tools i.e. contracts, etc.
- Assistance to navigate in the CARFAC/RAAV Minimum Recommended Fee Schedule
- Newsletters addressing issues and sharing information relevant to members
- International Association of Art Card ($10) which grants free or discounted entry to many museums in Western Europe and elsewhere.
- Exhibition listing and artist profiles on our website
Please fill out the application/renewal form below. Payment options are:
*Cheque or Money order to: CARFAC Maritimes Membership Coordinator, 364 Schurman Pt Rd, Summerside, PEI C1N4J9.
Questions regarding membership may be directed to the CARFAC Maritimes membership coordinator by email or call 506.866.8747.
Standard membership fees and categories
Professional Artist, Individual 1 year – $50
Professional Artist, Individual 2 years – $95
Professional Artists, Couple 1 year – $80
Student Associate 1 year – $20
Any full-time student with an interest in the visual arts. Please note that proof of full-time enrollment will be required. Non-voting.
Recent Graduate 1 year – $35
Any artist who graduated in the past two years. Please note that a copy of most recent student card will be required to confirm recent graduate status. Non-voting.
Individual Associate 1 year – $40
Any individual with an interest in the visual arts. Non-voting.
Institutional Associate 1 year – $80
Any institution with an interest in the visual arts with budget under 500K. Non-voting.
Institutional Associate 1 year – $200 Any institution with an interest in the visual arts with budget over 500K. Non-voting.
Sustaining Membership 1 year – $150
Like our regular membership, a sustaining membership is an allowable business expense, and helps to sustain our current programs and services. Non-voting.
COPYRIGHTS VISUAL ARTS
The CARFAC Copyright Visual Arts is recommended to all CARFAC members. It is administered separately from CARFAC, and must be joined separately. Go to https://www.cova-daav.ca/en/ .
Please consider making a small donation to CARFAC Maritimes.